These healthy drinks for women are a toast to those who are committed to health despite their age. Some of these healthy drinks are what our Mother Nature provides and some are whipped in a matter of a few minutes.
There are universal benefits of this miracle drink. To function properly, our cells and organs need water.
Hydration keeps our skin supple and reduces wrinkles that come with age. Water also lubricates the joints (joint pain – a common complaint in older women).
You can add lemon/ mint/ cucumber for increased benefits.
Recommended Intake of Water: According to the U.S. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine, the average recommended daily intake of water from both food and drink – for women – is around 2.7 litres or 91 ounces.
Green Tea is packed with beneficial nutrients and powerful antioxidants. There are many green tea benefits for women.
- According to various studies, Green Tea aids weight loss.
- One study found that women who consumed 3 grams of matcha tea /day, experienced greater fat burning during exercise compared to women who did not drink matcha.
- Other benefits of drinking green tea include lower heart risk, lower blood pressure and reduced risks of cancer. It boosts the metabolism naturally. A faster metabolism – every woman’s dream!
Orange juice is nutrition-packed. A great source of vitamin C. Most people don’t know that it’s also a good source of potassium, thiamin plus calcium and vitamin D when it’s fortified.
Kombucha is a fizzy fermented drink. It is high in probiotics. Claims are that Kombucha may treat diseases like AIDS, ageing, anorexia, arthritis, atherosclerosis, cancer, constipation, and diabetes, But, the claims have only been made on a test tube stage.
5. Beetroot Juice:
Beetroot benefits for women are already well known.
- Beets are a powerful source of Folic acid.
- Beetroot juice helps lower blood pressure and improve blood flow.
- Some studies suggest it can also help increase stamina during exercise.
- Beets are rich in minerals, vitamins, dietary fibre and antioxidants.
How much beetroot juice to consume? 250 ml every morning.
Among many healthy drinks for women, this is a BIG ONE. What does cranberry juice do for women?
- Cranberry Juice helps treat and prevent UTI. A painful reality of a woman’s life.
- It fulfils the dietary needs of women after menopause.
- The presence of antioxidants means that cranberries and cranberry juice might help fight age-related damage to the body’s tissues.
- The antibacterial effects of cranberry juice were reported to reduce the incidence of UTIs in mice, according to a 2017 study in Frontiers in Microbiology.
- The risk of heart problems increases after menopause compared to the risk in all other groups of people of the same age.
A 2013 study investigated this phenomenon in rats that had their ovaries removed. Researchers found that daily cranberry consumption reduced total cholesterol, suggesting cranberry products might be useful dietary supplements after menopause.
In one study, adults who drank 16 ounces of low-sodium vegetable juice while following a low-calorie diet lost significantly more weight than those who did not. Consuming vegetable juice increases vegetable consumption and decreases carb intake.
It forms naturally in the fruit and contains 94% water and very little fat. Electrolytes in coconut water replenish the body after a strenuous workout. It’s even called “Mother Nature’s Sports Drink”. Researchers believe that coconut water may help reduce kidney stones.
9. Berry, Spinach and Yoghurt Healthy Breakfast Smoothie:
Your workout is done in the morning but no time for breakfast! Have to pack school tiffin, get the children ready for school. All the women out there – we got you! After a workout, it is critical to get carbs and protein. This starts your recovery/muscle growth process. Spinach is included in the recipe to balance the sugary taste of berries. Plus, spinach increases its fibre content.
A glass of water with the addition of apple cider vinegar has long been used as a remedy for health issues like Blood Sugar.
Recent studies have confirmed that consuming vinegar with a meal reduces the spike in blood sugar, insulin, and triglycerides. 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar before bedtime can reduce fasting blood sugar in the morning by 4% (8). It also increases the feeling of fullness after a meal. In a recent Japanese study, it was found that vinegar reduces body weight. Apple cider vinegar only contains about three calories per tablespoon, which is very low.
These were 10 healthy drinks for women of all ages. No matter what the age, for all you beautiful women out there, there is a drink out there waiting to be picked. Which one are you going to choose today?