The covid-19 pandemic has taken the world by shock with nearly 2.5 million deaths happening all over the globe and approximately 111 million people getting tested positive. The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic was quite unexpected and sudden which made it difficult for health practitioners all over the world to come up with its vaccine in a short period of time.
Fortunately, its vaccine has been prepared and in this article, we will get an insight about the vaccine, its side-effects, the latest stats, and facts one needs to know.
Before jumping right into the subject, let’s start from the beginning. Coronavirus disease or popularly known as COVID-19 is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. With its origin in Wuhan, a city in the Hubei province of China, reports of the first COVID-19 cases started in December 2019. Many health experts believe that the new strain of coronavirus likely originated in bats or pangolin.
A coronavirus is a group of viruses that can cause disease in both animals and humans the severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) virus strain known as SARS – CoV is an example of a coronavirus that spread rapidly in 2002-2003. Coronaviruses are common in certain species of animals such as cattle and camels.
Although it remains unclear exactly how the virus first spread to humans, some reports trace the earliest cases back to a seafood and animal market in Wuhan.
If you develop symptoms of COVID-19 or you have been exposed to the virus, contact your doctor. Also, let the doctor know if you have had any sort of contact with an infected person. To test for the COVID-19 virus, a healthcare provider takes a sample from the nose or throat which is then sent to the lab for testing.
Mild symptoms can be dealt with and cured at home. In case of severe symptoms, seek prescribed medications from medical authorities.
Medical practitioners, doctors, and scientists are looking for ways to develop and deploy safe and effective vaccines. Vaccines save lots of lives every year. After vaccination, if the body is later exposed to those sicknesses – inflicting germs, the body is instantly able to destroy them, preventing sickness.
As of 18 February 2021, a minimum of seven totally different vaccines across 3 platforms is extended in different countries all over the world.
COVAXIN is India’s first indigenous COVID-19 immunizing agent by Bharat Biotech that is developed unitedly with the Indian Council of medical analysis and the National Institute of virology. it’s enclosed in conjunction with immune potentiators, also called vaccine adjuvant, that are added to the immunizing agent to extend and boost its immunogenicity. it’s a 2 dose vaccination regime given twenty-eight days apart.
The immunizing agent received DCGI approval for phase one and a couple of human clinical trials in July 2020.
It is common to expect adverse reactions occurring when obtaining any immunizing agent shot. Experts have specified the subsequent side-effects as the most typical ones to occur –
- Muscle and joint pain- Low-intensity muscle pain and joint aches are systematic responses generated once a vaccine is run within the body. This can be also one of the most common side-effects experienced by those that have received the immunizing agent dose immediately (reported in over forty-third cases).
- Headache- is also present, the second most ordinarily recorded symptom with the vaccines being inoculated in Asian countries and abroad.
- Fatigue- is another side-effect usually determined. Folks with COVID-19 experience chronic fatigue and exhaustion after getting vaccinated accompanied by feelings of chills and minor aches.
The worldwide stats show 111 million cases with 62.4 million folks getting recovered and 45 million deaths. The USA has reported the highest range of cases i.e 28 million and 496 thousand people dying. Asian country stands at the second position and has reported a complete of 11 million cases and 156 K deaths. Followed by Brazil with 10.1 million cases and 245 thousand deaths.
- Corona is derived from a Latin word that implies crown. Underneath a magnifier, these viruses seem like a crown with spikes ending in very little blobs.
- It’s a myth that snow and cold water will kill the virus. According to the UN agency, there’s no reason why the virus can’t survive within the atmospheric condition.
- it’s unlikely that the virus will survive the packaging method. Moreover, it will survive for few hours solely whereas prepackaged foods will last for months.
- The virus typically survives for 3-4 hours; its life will increase to 8-10 hours on indoor metal objects.
COVID-19 has been spreading ever since its occurrence in the Chinese city to totally different countries of the world. Fortunately, we’ve got the immunizing agent currently. But as the word says “prevention is healthier than cure” practice these aforementioned suggested preventive measures to remain safe. Wearing a mask at all times once stepping out of the house and regular usage of sanitizers will facilitate forestall from being infected to a certain extent.
Stay safe stay healthy!