Blood is an integral part of the human body because it carries out many responsibilities. Some of them include transportation of oxygen, fat, minerals, salts, and even metabolic waste and carbon dioxide. Our lungs, liver, and kidneys are designed to purify blood naturally. Yet, it is always better to take a little extra care. Doing so can prevent disorders like psoriasis and acne. Below are 7 different blood purification home remedies:
Consider reading Know your Blood Type, know your Health
Did you know! Blood can turn greenish-blue in color due to some migraine medication.
- Water – This is the simplest way to flush toxins out of the body. Consumption of 2-4 litres of water every day can prove to be beneficial. Apart from flushing out toxins, it keeps you full, prevents cravings and gives a lustre to the skin.
- Hibiscus – It is known to have a diuretic effect on your kidneys. This means that it acts as a catalyst with kidney filtration. Hibiscus tea is available in the market but it can also be taken in its natural form. You can boil its petals or whole dried flowers in water for a few minutes and serve it hot or chilled with the flavouring of your choice
- Green juice – Being one of the healthiest blood purification home remedies, these are preferred by fitness freaks all over the globe today. They are not only packed with nutrients but also help in detoxifying your body. You can go crazy with the ingredients when it comes to green juice. You can include leafy vegetables like spinach, and kale, green apples, cucumbers, mint, basil, etc.
- Wheatgrass – It is highly popular today because it is packed with nutrients. It could also help kill cancer cells, regulate triglyceride levels, blood sugar levels, etc. Include wheatgrass juice in your green juices and smoothies. Drinking it up in little portions of juice also does the job.
- Omega 3 fatty acids – Include foods in your diet like flaxseeds, walnuts, salmon, mackerel, pumpkin seeds, cod liver oil, chia seeds, brussel sprouts, basil, eggs, broccoli, etc. These are rich in omega 3 fatty acids that help cut down triglyceride levels in the body. That would help your kidneys and liver function with ease, thus flushing out toxins easily.
- Lemon & citrus fruits – Lemon is known as a natural fat cutter and help detox the body by easing the load on your kidneys. It helps maintain alkaline levels of the body. Not to forget, it is also a great source of Vitamin C. Try including lots of lemon and other citrus fruits in your diet. They add a kick of sourness to the food and make it much more interesting. Include lemon in salad dressings, or as a topping on grilled meats and fish, etc. Lemon also works great with desserts. Make your regular lemon and honey water interesting by adding chopped fruits and freezing them up as popsicles!
- Garlic – Its richness in Sulphur makes it flush toxins from the body. It is also a rich source of Vitamin C and antioxidants, which help fight free moving foreign particles in the bloodstream. Besides that, it adds a great flavour to food, be it in salad dressings or marinades.
- Physical activity – This would help the body sweat, which is a direct flush of toxins from the body. Include at least 30 minutes of physical activity every day in the form of jogging, brisk walking, swimming, yoga, badminton, etc.
Did you know! Blood contributes to nearly 7% of the body weight.
We encounter a lot of pollution, inculcate bad habits, and go through tremendous stress and pressure, be it from work or school. This includes improper sleeping habits, posture, eating habits, etc. And it results in high cholesterol levels, diabetes, obesity, blood pressure, and many other lifestyle diseases. Thus, maintaining a balance in our body to let it work until its highest efficiency is a must.
Consider reading Why Do We Need To Purify Our Blood For A Longer And Healthy Life
Above were a few blood purification home remedies. Drop us a comment below or connect with us through email and let us know if you know of more such remedies.