What is Arthritis?
Arthritis is inflammation of one or more joints, which causes severe pain and swellings in joints, and does not allow easy movement of the joints.
How is Arthritis caused?
Joints are protected by cartilage, which allows the smooth movement of the joints. When there is breakdown of cartilage, it absorbs shock when joints are moved frequently even while walking. When some cartilage is worn out, without the usual amount of cartilage, the bones rub together, causing enormous pain, swelling, and stiffness. There are a number of different kinds of arthritis which affect different joints of the body such as rheumatoid arthritis, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, reactive arthritis, viral arthritis, gonococcal arthritis, and tuberculosis arthritis and many more.
What is Arthritis Education?
Generally, people have a wrong concept that arthritis means simply pain in or around the joints. Once arthritis affects them, there is no cure and one has to live with the pain life long. But the truth is, if arthritis is diagnosed early, it can be treated.
Arthritis education is creating awareness among individuals, to recognize the signs and symptoms of arthritis, in the early stage, and to address the control and prevention of arthritis. Arthritis Education includes Health care trainings, Public service awareness campaigns, Public service announcements, Community partnership workshop, and Public seminars.
Why is Arthritis Education Necessary?
- Arthritis Education emphasizes early diagnosis and so that treatment can be managed in a proper way.
- It focuses on women, as they are at high risk of developing arthritis.
- It educates patients about the techniques of pain management.
- It informs the people the strategies and tools necessary to make daily decisions to cope up with the disease.
- It helps to maintain the psychological well being of the patients with arthritis.
- Arthritis education also helps the patients to maintain and improve strength, flexibility and endurance by training the patients to do appropriate exercises.
- It guides the patients about the correct and required medications.
- Arthritis education also prepares the patients to be out of depressions, frustration, and to tackle disease related problems.
- It also helps the arthritis patients to select the right diet and guide them for a healthy life.
- Arthritis education programs build the participants’ confidence in their ability to live a normal active life and manage their health.
- Arthritis education programs give a clear picture that most of the cases are not preventable.
- People are aware that over weight is one of the factors that cause arthritis and cutting down of weight can cut half the risk for developing arthritis through arthritis education program.
- There are some health foundations, which support arthritis education, provide free information about the types of surgery available for the arthritis which can give significant pain relief and restore health and physical function.
- These foundations also suggest places and weather, which support arthritis patients to make the patients feel better.
- Some Arthritis education program also keeps a record of the referral list of qualified, specialised physicians who can treat arthritis all over the world.
- Even some foundations provide general information about generally approved prescribed medications.
There are so many arthritis education programs, which are easy to register. Undergo training and to get informed. If people are aware of these programs, it may help in the early diagnosing and treatment of arthritis.