“Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
I know because I’ve done it thousands of times.”
– Mark Twain
Nicotine is a very addictive substance. If you buy yourself an electronic cigarette, chances are you will smoke it along with other cigarettes. We abuse our organisms with tar. How can we turn smoking from an ugly habit to a delightful experience once or twice a year with an expensive cigar or hookah with milk?
You have tried to quit many, many times using patches, gum, hypnosis or acupuncture and have felt your willpower is so weak. Hope on: there are still certain foods, which are exceptionally helpful while trying to quit smoking:
- Cinnamon – you can chew on it or inhale it, it gives you the stimulation of taste and smell that a cigarette provides. Use cinnamon whenever you need a cigarette to calm down.
- Ginger – grind one piece with sugar, consume it and forget about smoking.
- Got Milk? – drink it every day an hour before you usually smoke.
- Veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, cabbages etc are good for your health and will help you quit smoking.
- Salt helps in balancing your desire to smoke.
- Vitamin C. Food that contains this vitamin is: guava, berries, tomatoes, seasoned with pepper and salt.
- Dark Chocolate. Munch on it when you get the urge to smoke.
- Turmeric – probably the most well known Indian herb, which helps with smoking and a number of other health conditions.
- Fruit – when you have consumed fibers you have no urge to smoke.
- Pop-corn without butter. Gives you such a wonderful taste that you omit smoking, so that you can retain it.
- Cheese – and that goes with wine. A much less offensive pleasure than smoking, actually.
- Fresh juice – a cup of it when you want a cigarette can do wonders.
Becoming addicted to cigarettes is like falling under a spell: “Must have cigarette!” Smokers feel compelled to smoke. Once it turns into a disgusting habit, they rarely feel really pleasured by a cigarette. The reality of smoking addiction is that it is not really pleasant, it’s not fun, it causes your organism stress, it doesn’t relieve boredom, and there is actually nothing precious to give up.
Okay, so if you’re serious stop smoking right now!